|Published:||Jul 16, 2012 1:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2012 6:22 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A new Fort Myers husband and wife returned to their home on Oasis Park Rd. after the wedding on Saturday to find it had been burglarized.
Though the residence was secured behind the couple upon leaving for the wedding ceremony at 8:00 p.m., the back door was found open only two and a half hours later, when the bride returned to the residence to change out of her gown.
She noticed the television was missing from the living room, a container of quarters had been taken from the bedroom, the glass doors to the entertainment center were ajar and clothes in the bedroom closet had been moved.
The money that was stolen from the container, $500 in change, was intended for the couple's honeymoon.
The couple had planned a family trip to Orlando, and say family members have helped recoup some of the money.
They are now planning the week-long vacation, for later this summer.
No arrests have been made.
- Man allegedly shoots at family, barricades himself in house
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend