|Published:||Jul 16, 2012 10:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2012 1:04 PM EDT|
GULFPORT, Fla. (AP) - Two men face burglary charges after authorities say they tried to break into a Gulfport home through a doggie door.
The home owner called police Saturday evening saying there was a burglary in progress.
Gulfport police say 18-year-old Occossio Lamond Nettles and 24-year-old Anthony Eugene Blue-Rogers came into the fenced back yard and tried to get inside the home through the doggie door.
When police arrived the men ran.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/LrTs8e ) reports Nettles was captured nearby. A police dog stopped Blue-Rogers.
Both men face felony charges of burglary of an occupied dwelling. Blue-Rogers faces one charge of resisting an officer without violence. They were released from jail. Records didn't indicate whether they have attorneys.
Gulfport is near St. Petersburg.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage