|Published:||Jul 15, 2012 12:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 15, 2012 12:11 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A body was found in the remains of a early morning house fire Sunday in North Fort Myers.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office said the fire was reported around 6:44am on the 2700 block of Breezewood Drive in North Fort Myers. Once the fire was put out, firefighters discovered a body inside the home.
The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating the cause of the fire, while Lee County detectives conduct a death investigation.
Deputies say the fire does not appear to be suspicious at this time.
Detectives are awating a positive identification of the body from the Medical Examiner's Office.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Naples Police search for suspect in 'stranger danger' case
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation