|Published:||Jul 13, 2012 1:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 13, 2012 3:04 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla - Two women were taken in custody Thursday after an undercover operation in Bonita Springs found subjects soliciting sexual services on Internet websites.
Laura Gordon and Kayla Kowndes are accused of selling "four-handed massages."
A detective responded to an advertisement and made plans to meet the two women on Forest Mere Drive for a massage at a cost of $250.
At approximately 5:00 p.m., officers assembled for the operation. The undercover detective was equipped with an audio recording device and given pre-recorded Lee County funds.
Once parked at the address, he walked to the front door and was greeted by Gordon, age 35. After entering the residence, he saw the second suspect, Kowndes, age 22. The women instructed the detective to lie down and then began performing their services.
The detective then gave the pre-arranged take down signal. The take-down team entered the room and took both females into custody.
Detectives recovered a ledger with names and dollars amounts.
A record check was conducted through the Florida Department of Health to see if the women had massage licenses. Neither of the women were licensed in the state of Florida.
Gordon and Lowndes were transported to Lee County jail for processing without incident.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend