|Published:||Jul 13, 2012 1:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 13, 2012 1:21 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Pensacola abortion clinic gutted by arson in January is being torn down because of the damage.
The American Family Planning was the site of a double-murder in 1994 when an anti-abortion activist killed a doctor and the doctor's security escort.
The charred clinic has stood empty since the January blaze.
City officials told the Pensacola News Journal (http://on.pnj.com/N5HpyG ) the building was declared unsafe and had to be demolished.
American Family Planning has not said what it plans to do with the lot and the organization did not immediately return a phone message left by The Associated Press.
The man charged with setting the blaze is due in Federal Court next Thursday and could plead guilty at the change-of-plea hearing.
Information from: Pensacola News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic