DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Two central Florida men are raising concerns over the way prosecutors handled a case involving a 16-year-old boy they say sexually assaulted their young sons.
One man says his son was 9 when the teen sexually assaulted him at a Putnam County Boy Scout summer camp in 2009. The other boy was 6 when he was assaulted in a public restroom in Charlotte County two years later.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/MpnqHC ) reported Friday that the fathers blame State Attorney R.J. Larizza, saying the younger boy wouldn't have been assaulted if the teen had been prosecuted more vigorously.
Larizza called the press conference "totally politically motivated," and claims his opponent in the August primary was behind it.
Candidate Stasia Warren says she advised the men against holding a press conference.
Information from: Daytona Beach News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)