|Published:||Jul 12, 2012 10:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 12, 2012 10:17 AM EDT|
POLK CITY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a central Florida man drove around with the body of his ex-girlfriend in the trunk of his car for two days before dumping her body in the woods.
Laura Michelle Hunt's body was found Tuesday in a wooded area in Polk City. An autopsy determined that she had been strangled.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office arrested Hunt's ex-boyfriend Wednesday. Patrick Eugene Wilkey of Auburndale is charged with first-degree murder.
The sheriff's office says Wilkey confessed to choking Hunt to death after becoming angry with her early Sunday.
An arrest report says Wilkey kept Hunt's body in the trunk until dumping the body Monday and abandoning the car.
Wilkey was being booked into the Polk County jail. It was not clear early Thursday whether he had an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday