|Published:||Jul 12, 2012 10:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 12, 2012 10:17 AM EDT|
POLK CITY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a central Florida man drove around with the body of his ex-girlfriend in the trunk of his car for two days before dumping her body in the woods.
Laura Michelle Hunt's body was found Tuesday in a wooded area in Polk City. An autopsy determined that she had been strangled.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office arrested Hunt's ex-boyfriend Wednesday. Patrick Eugene Wilkey of Auburndale is charged with first-degree murder.
The sheriff's office says Wilkey confessed to choking Hunt to death after becoming angry with her early Sunday.
An arrest report says Wilkey kept Hunt's body in the trunk until dumping the body Monday and abandoning the car.
Wilkey was being booked into the Polk County jail. It was not clear early Thursday whether he had an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man