|Published:||Jul 12, 2012 4:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 12, 2012 5:46 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. -Even with a recent uptick in murders within the city limits, overall a new mid-year report shows overall crime has decreased.Crime is down in the City of Fort Myers 16 percent for the first six months of 2012 compared to the same time period last year.
The Fort Myers Police Department has submitted the Semi-Annual Uniform Crime Report to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for review on Thursday.
Below is a breakdown of crime year to date for 2011 and 2012:
Auto Theft: 87/85
Sex Offenses: 33/32
"Even though we had less crime we had more percentage of clearances on those crimes so that tells me we are making arrests on those cases," said police chief Doug Baker.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors