|Published:||Jul 12, 2012 5:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 12, 2012 5:32 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Crime scene photos were released Thursday in the double murder of a Lehigh Acres woman and her teenage son. Most of the pictures are too graphic to air on TV, but they give more information in the crime.
The 43-year-old Lehigh woman, Amy Lorah, and her 16-year-old son Dalton Haley were gunned down in their home. As part of the discovery process, hundreds of crime scene photos have been released, and it shows evidence of a violent attack.
Hundreds of pictures show a happy home on 49th Street West. But pictures too graphic to show you, reveal how they both died on the floor: Amy in the kitchen and Dalton in his room. Numerous nine mm bullet shells were strewn across the floor.
Pictures also show a broken door and fingerprints on the front door.
Investigators believe the target was Dalton Haley and the motivation was money and marijuana.
Justin Wirth, 16, is the suspected gunman and 17-year-old Clayton Combs is accused of being his accomplice. They pleaded not guilty to first degree murder and robbery charges.
Investigators painstakingly documented anything that could provide clues, from the attic to outside the home. A piece of homework from Wirth was found in a folder in Dalton's car and more school work in the home.
The teen suspects are being charged as adults. They will be back in court in July.
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county