|Published:||Jul 11, 2012 3:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 11, 2012 5:44 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- Two events caused water outages in Port Charlotte on Wednesday.
A contractor hit a transmission water line in the area of Gasparilla Rd., north of Marathon Blvd. to 776 and water had to be cut off to make repairs.
This affected the Villages of Holiday Lakes, but water has been restored.
There was also a separate hit and run accident on Easy St. in which the vehicle hit a hydrant. Crews had to isolate the line to make repairs.
Some customers are without service at this time. Repairs are expected to be completed by 5:00 p.m.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case