|Published:||Jul 11, 2012 4:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 11, 2012 4:06 PM EDT|
NORTH PORT, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office has arrested Jose Luis Fernandez, 40, of Lucaya Avenue in North Port, in connection with a marijuana grow house operation at another home he rented about a mile away.
Detectives searched the home on Tuesday and discovered two bedrooms and the garage had been converted to grow cannabis. They located 60 newly cultivated plants and five pounds of recently harvested buds which were in boxes.
Fernandez has a long criminal history with more than 60 arrests for a variety of drug crimes in Sarasota County and elsewhere. He is charged with one count each of Cultivation of Cannabis and Possession of Cannabis with Intent to Distribute. The investigation is continuing.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train