|Published:||Jul 11, 2012 12:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 11, 2012 12:13 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County Sherriff's deputies responded to the 5600 block of 8th Ave. on Tuesday in reference to a shooting of an occupied dwelling.
When officers arrived, they met with the victim who stated he was sleeping inside the residence when he heard banging on the front door. He ignored it and a short time after the banging stopped, the victim heard gunshots. He then observed two bullets that had entered the front window and came to rest inside of the wall to the room he was sleeping in.
A witness told deputies she was walking down the street when she heard seven gunshots. She saw a gray vehicle with tinted windows, possibly a Toyota Celica, fleeing the area. It was heading southbound on 8th Ave.
The victim suspects the the gunman is someone he owes money to.
If you have any information, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. You can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility