|Published:||Jul 11, 2012 12:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 11, 2012 12:13 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County Sherriff's deputies responded to the 5600 block of 8th Ave. on Tuesday in reference to a shooting of an occupied dwelling.
When officers arrived, they met with the victim who stated he was sleeping inside the residence when he heard banging on the front door. He ignored it and a short time after the banging stopped, the victim heard gunshots. He then observed two bullets that had entered the front window and came to rest inside of the wall to the room he was sleeping in.
A witness told deputies she was walking down the street when she heard seven gunshots. She saw a gray vehicle with tinted windows, possibly a Toyota Celica, fleeing the area. It was heading southbound on 8th Ave.
The victim suspects the the gunman is someone he owes money to.
If you have any information, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. You can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico