|Published:||Jul 10, 2012 12:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2012 12:59 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- Deputies continue their search for a person they say shot another man in the front yard of a North Fort Myers home. It happened near Breeze Drive and Gish Lane in Suncoast Estates.
Investigators remain on the scene and police tape is still up after deputies say a man was shot in the driveway. The gunman is still on the loose.
It was just after 5:00 a.m. when deputies arrived at the home on Breeze Drive. A passerby called 911 after finding a man in his 20's shot in the driveway and a person running away from the scene. Deputies believe the victim and the gunman knew each other and were arguing before the shooting.
"We do believe this is an isolated incident. We don't believe that we have a gunman at large in the Suncoast community that is any danger to anyone else. This is probably a targeted situation," said Sgt. Eller of the Lee County Sheriff's Office.
The victim has not yet been identified, though we're told he went to Lee Memorial's Trauma Center in critical condition and was just released from surgery.
Anyone with information on this shooting can call the Lee County Sheriff's Office or Crime Stoppers 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings