|Published:||Jul 10, 2012 12:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2012 12:59 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- Deputies continue their search for a person they say shot another man in the front yard of a North Fort Myers home. It happened near Breeze Drive and Gish Lane in Suncoast Estates.
Investigators remain on the scene and police tape is still up after deputies say a man was shot in the driveway. The gunman is still on the loose.
It was just after 5:00 a.m. when deputies arrived at the home on Breeze Drive. A passerby called 911 after finding a man in his 20's shot in the driveway and a person running away from the scene. Deputies believe the victim and the gunman knew each other and were arguing before the shooting.
"We do believe this is an isolated incident. We don't believe that we have a gunman at large in the Suncoast community that is any danger to anyone else. This is probably a targeted situation," said Sgt. Eller of the Lee County Sheriff's Office.
The victim has not yet been identified, though we're told he went to Lee Memorial's Trauma Center in critical condition and was just released from surgery.
Anyone with information on this shooting can call the Lee County Sheriff's Office or Crime Stoppers 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility