|Published:||Jul 09, 2012 12:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 09, 2012 12:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Robbery detectives with the Lee County Sheriff's Office are searching for the suspects that robbed a man inside a Fort Myers motel.
On July 7, deputies responded to the Fort Myers Inn located at 3511 Cleveland Avenue. The victim says he was in a motel room with a female he had just met when there was a knock at the door. The female opened the door and a male entered the room and immediately struck the victim in the mouth causing him to fall to the ground. The suspect took the victim's wallet, keys and cell phone and exited the room. Another male accomplice took the keys and went through the victim's yellow pickup.
Detectives are searching for the male as well as the female that went into the room with the victim. The male is black with a muscular build, probably in his late 20's or early 30's. He was wearing shorts with a white stripe on the sides and sneakers. The female is about 5 foot 5 inches tall with sandy brown hair and a thin build. She has a tattoo of stars on her right foot.
If you recognize the suspects or know anything about this robbery, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned