|Published:||Jul 09, 2012 12:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 09, 2012 12:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Robbery detectives with the Lee County Sheriff's Office are searching for the suspects that robbed a man inside a Fort Myers motel.
On July 7, deputies responded to the Fort Myers Inn located at 3511 Cleveland Avenue. The victim says he was in a motel room with a female he had just met when there was a knock at the door. The female opened the door and a male entered the room and immediately struck the victim in the mouth causing him to fall to the ground. The suspect took the victim's wallet, keys and cell phone and exited the room. Another male accomplice took the keys and went through the victim's yellow pickup.
Detectives are searching for the male as well as the female that went into the room with the victim. The male is black with a muscular build, probably in his late 20's or early 30's. He was wearing shorts with a white stripe on the sides and sneakers. The female is about 5 foot 5 inches tall with sandy brown hair and a thin build. She has a tattoo of stars on her right foot.
If you recognize the suspects or know anything about this robbery, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week