SEMINOLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a pedestrian has died after being struck twice as he crossed a road in Pinellas County.
The man was crossing Park Boulevard in Seminole on Sunday when a gray sedan hit him and drove away. Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies say a second vehicle struck the man, but that driver stayed at the scene.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/NaR1ng ) reports the sedan was missing a headlight and was driven by a man in his 20s or 30s.
The victim was taken to a hospital, where he later died.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Rev up your lawnmowers for grasscar racing
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond