|Published:||Jul 07, 2012 7:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 07, 2012 7:32 PM EDT|
Malware Monday is looming. Are you and your computer prepared?
Tens of thousands of Americans could lose their Internet service Monday unless they do a quick check of their computers for malware. That's because several years ago hackers sent out a debilitating virus that affected users worldwide.
For a quick check on your system, all you have to do is go this website: http://www.dcwg.org/.
Experts say it's always a good idea to install antivirus software and to keep it up to date. Also, a lot of viruses can be prevented if your computer's operating software is up to date.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man