|Published:||Jul 07, 2012 4:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 07, 2012 4:00 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Orlando police say a man shot fireworks at officers clearing downtown bars after Fourth of July festivities.
Police say three officers on bicycles had to take cover behind vehicles early Thursday as "green fireballs" shot toward them from the rear of a parked van.
According to a police report, Khasim Stephenson told investigators that he never meant to shoot the fireworks at the officers but he had lit the explosives without having anywhere to put them.
Stephenson was arrested on several attempted second-degree murder charges.
Orlando news station WFTV reports that Stephenson refused to answer questions as he left jail Friday night. Stephenson was on house arrest after posting $16,000 bond.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft