|Published:||Jul 07, 2012 4:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 07, 2012 4:00 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Orlando police say a man shot fireworks at officers clearing downtown bars after Fourth of July festivities.
Police say three officers on bicycles had to take cover behind vehicles early Thursday as "green fireballs" shot toward them from the rear of a parked van.
According to a police report, Khasim Stephenson told investigators that he never meant to shoot the fireworks at the officers but he had lit the explosives without having anywhere to put them.
Stephenson was arrested on several attempted second-degree murder charges.
Orlando news station WFTV reports that Stephenson refused to answer questions as he left jail Friday night. Stephenson was on house arrest after posting $16,000 bond.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge