|Published:||Jul 06, 2012 5:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 06, 2012 5:27 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Warrant Squad arrested a North Port woman Thursday when she was released from the Sarasota County Jail in Venice. She was brought back to face charges for a June 30 home burglary in Port Charlotte. Charged with Burglary, Possession of Burglary Tools and Grand Theft wasHolly Christine Young, 28, 11402 Maltz Avenue.
CCSO responded to a home burglary in the 22300 block of Elmira Boulevard. The family had just returned home from shopping and caught a woman inside their home; a door had been forced open. When confronted, the woman ran outside and got into her brown 1995 Cadillac that she left running and parked in the front yard swale. The family called CCSO and gave a description of the woman, her car, and license plate number.
A BOLO was issued and nine minutes later a road deputy observed the car in northern Charlotte County and confirmed the tag number. The deputy followed as it sped up and went into the City of North Port in Sarasota County. The deputy stopped the vehicle and learned the name of the woman as Holly Young. Her driver’s license has been revoked and she was immediately charged with felony Habitual Traffic Violator. The family was brought to the scene and positively identified Young as the woman who broke into their home.
Young was transported to the Sarasota County Jail on the felony driving charge. Her car was towed back into Charlotte County and a search warrant was obtained; many of the items stolen were recovered which included a Coach purse, cash, gold chain, and a collection of $2 bills. Young remains in the County Jail on $30,000 bond.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute