|Published:||Jul 05, 2012 4:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 05, 2012 4:52 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- On Tuesday, Naples Police responded to the NCH Health Care Group in reference to obtaining prescription drugs by fraud. Upon arrival, officers spoke with the victim and a witness.
The victim, an area doctor, reported that she was notified by the witness that a patient, who has not been treated at the doctor's office since March of 2011, has been obtaining prescriptions of Xanax at the Sunshine Pharmacy, using her name.
The victim stated that she has not filled any prescriptions for patient since she has been discharged.
The witness stated that on Tuesday morning, a man entered the doctor's office advising that he was the husband of patient. The patient said that his wife has been obtaining refilled prescriptions of Xanax by calling in the prescription to the Sunshine Pharmacy. The witness said that patient used the victim's name as the doctor who was treating her.
Sunshine Pharmacy was contacted. The pharmacist referred to records and found that in May, someone called in two refills of Xanax for patient. Someone also called in a prescription for another patient on June 19th. According to the witness, the other patient is the son of initial patient.
It is unknown who called in the prescription on Tuesday.
The pharmacist said that there was no written prescription on file from the victim for the above prescriptions, only that the prescriptions were filled when the caller identified themselves as working for the victim.
No arrests have been made.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday