|Published:||Jul 05, 2012 8:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 05, 2012 8:39 PM EDT|
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) - State police in southwestern Pennsylvania are searching for the skeletal remains of 7-year-old girl last seen walking to school in Tampa, Fla. nearly 30 years ago.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (http://bit.ly/M2fvnb ) report Thursday that police have obtained search warrants for six properties linked to a since-deceased Pennsylvania man who also lived in Tampa. State police from the Uniontown barracks, about 40 miles south of Pittsburgh, have told The Associated Press they're involved in the search but did not immediately provide details.
According to the newspaper, police obtained the search warrants after a woman, who was 10 at the time Jennifer Marteliz disappeared on November 15, 1982, told them she saw the man remove a large plastic bag from his car.
The woman told police she believes the bag may have been buried on the man's property.
Information from: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, http://pghtrib.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire