|Published:||Jul 04, 2012 12:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2012 3:35 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, FL - In the aftermath of a deputy involved shooting along I-75, Lee county Sheriff Mike Scott commented on a reporter's question regarding a rise in violent crime.
The Sheriff responded, " We know that 99 percent of it is black on black crime in the Dunbar community in the 33916 area code."
That comment lead some to criticize the Sheriff saying the comments were insensitive and unprofessional. Sheriff Scott respoded saying he was simply stating facts regarding trends in crime and that his remarks had no derrogatory racial meaning.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Naples Town Hall Speakers Series suspends 2014 season