|Published:||Jul 04, 2012 1:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2012 2:01 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Who could be better than Captain America to kick off Independence Day celebrations? He joined the runners today at the foot of the Cape Coral bridge to kick off the festivities.
Nathan Veilleux donned the costume for the second year in a row to run the road race over the Cape Coral bridge and back. He for one was happy about this year's switch to a morning road race. Hundreds of runners gathered for the start this morning as the sun started to rise over the Caloosahatchee for a kick of to 4th of July festivities including Red, White and Boom in the Cape.
WINK News has you covered for events happening all day today all over Southwest Florida. Click here for a full look at events happening in our area today.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect