ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - SeaWorld Orlando is raising ticket prices.
The new ticket prices went into effect Tuesday, bringing the cost of a one-day adult ticket to $84.99. That's an increase of $3.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/M41IJ2 ) reports that multi-day passes pairing admission to SeaWorld and Busch Gardens in Tampa will rise by $10 to $134.99. Passes combining visits to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica will increase by $10 to $144.99. Orlando-based SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment owns all three parks.
This is the first price increase for SeaWorld's Florida parks since September 2011.
SeaWorld officials told the Sentinel numerous discounts and perks are available. Single tickets include a second day free, and Florida residents can get discounts when purchasing tickets online.
The increase comes about a month after Disney and Universal Orlando raised ticket prices.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th