|Published:||Jul 03, 2012 3:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 03, 2012 3:45 PM EDT|
HUDSON, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say teenager is accused of fracturing an 11-month-old boy's skull.
Pasco County Sheriff's deputies arrested the 17-year-old girl on Friday. She's charged with aggravated child abuse.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Luoo4k ) reports the baby was injured June 27. It wasn't clear whether the child suffered any brain damage.
According to reports, the teen denied hurting the child. She told deputies she put the baby down for a nap and then took a shower.
A witness in the Hudson home told investigators she heard the teen pleading with the baby to go to sleep. She reported hearing a "pop" sound and then noticing the baby's head was swollen and bruised.
The teen was taken into juvenile custody. Authorities didn't disclose the relationship between the teen and the baby.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed