|Published:||Jul 02, 2012 3:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 02, 2012 3:27 PM EDT|
ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 7-year-old boy drowned off St. Pete Beach.
A bystander performed CPR after the boy was pulled from the Gulf of Mexico Sunday afternoon. Paramedics took him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/MCEXyA ) reports the boy's mother was at the beach with him. He was found floating shortly after 6 p.m.
The boy's name has not been released because police trying to notify his father. Police say the child lived in St. Petersburg.
Last week a 41-year-old woman from Alabama drowned of St. Pete Beach in the wake of Tropical Storm Debby.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples