|Published:||Jul 02, 2012 3:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 02, 2012 3:27 PM EDT|
ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 7-year-old boy drowned off St. Pete Beach.
A bystander performed CPR after the boy was pulled from the Gulf of Mexico Sunday afternoon. Paramedics took him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/MCEXyA ) reports the boy's mother was at the beach with him. He was found floating shortly after 6 p.m.
The boy's name has not been released because police trying to notify his father. Police say the child lived in St. Petersburg.
Last week a 41-year-old woman from Alabama drowned of St. Pete Beach in the wake of Tropical Storm Debby.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday