|Published:||Jul 02, 2012 3:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 02, 2012 3:27 PM EDT|
ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 7-year-old boy drowned off St. Pete Beach.
A bystander performed CPR after the boy was pulled from the Gulf of Mexico Sunday afternoon. Paramedics took him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/MCEXyA ) reports the boy's mother was at the beach with him. He was found floating shortly after 6 p.m.
The boy's name has not been released because police trying to notify his father. Police say the child lived in St. Petersburg.
Last week a 41-year-old woman from Alabama drowned of St. Pete Beach in the wake of Tropical Storm Debby.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm