|Published:||Jun 28, 2012 6:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 28, 2012 10:28 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Cape Coral Police Department is continuing with the death investigation that originated from a canal near the 200 Block of SE 11th Terrace.
The case is classified as a “Death Investigation” however police do not suspect foul play.
Investigators are efforting to make notification to the deceased’s family. Until such time, the identity of the deceased will not be released. This may take some time, as the family of the deceased is out of state.
The body is now in the custody of the Medical Examiner’s Office.
At 12:40pm, Officers were called by a boater who discovered what they believed to be a body floating in the canal.
At this time, it is unknown if the body is male or female and age has not been determined. There have been no reports of missing persons in the area.
The body will be retrieved by the Medical Examiner’s Office where it will be transported to their facility for autopsy.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified