|Published:||Jun 28, 2012 6:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 28, 2012 10:28 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Cape Coral Police Department is continuing with the death investigation that originated from a canal near the 200 Block of SE 11th Terrace.
The case is classified as a “Death Investigation” however police do not suspect foul play.
Investigators are efforting to make notification to the deceased’s family. Until such time, the identity of the deceased will not be released. This may take some time, as the family of the deceased is out of state.
The body is now in the custody of the Medical Examiner’s Office.
At 12:40pm, Officers were called by a boater who discovered what they believed to be a body floating in the canal.
At this time, it is unknown if the body is male or female and age has not been determined. There have been no reports of missing persons in the area.
The body will be retrieved by the Medical Examiner’s Office where it will be transported to their facility for autopsy.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel