|Published:||Jun 25, 2012 6:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 25, 2012 11:55 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- At Lynn Hall Park on Fort Myers Beach, the beach-goer population is pretty sparse, but not non-existent.
At noon, conditions were gusty and the waves were high. Minor storm damage had been reported. The Beach Pierside Grill and Blowfish bar had its tarp roof blown off.
Visitors and residents dealt with wind and rain all weekend, but the weather didn't stop beach-goers. A few people out on the beach continue shelling and taking in the breeze.
There had been no reports of road closures or beach closures due to weather in Fort Myers Beach.
Florida Emergency Management did issue a rip current advisory for Gulf beaches.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples Town Hall Speakers Series suspends 2014 season
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy