|Published:||Jun 24, 2012 8:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 24, 2012 11:52 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - The National Weather Service confirms a tornado touchdown Sunday in Collier County.
The weather service said a member of the public reported that a tornado formed just east of Goodland near US-41 and San Marco Road, around 11am Sunday. Emergency Management reported some damage to trees and vehicles nearby.
Around the same time, the Glades County Sheriff's Office reported a possible tornado near Pine Avenue in Muse. A member of the public called in damage to a barn, which had its roof torn off.
(Photo taken near Immokalee Road on Sunday morning, courtesy Lina Mir)
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond