|Published:||Jun 22, 2012 6:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 22, 2012 6:49 PM EDT|
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - One of the stars of the TV show "Swamp People" has been arrested in Florida on domestic violence charges.
Noces Joseph LaFont Jr. - who is known as "Trapper Joe" on TV - was arrested Wednesday by Orange County Sheriff's deputies.
According to an arrest affidavit, LaFont was arguing with his girlfriend while staying at a hotel near Disney World and tried to burn her with a lit cigarette. The report also says he punched the woman with a closed fist.
LaFont, who is from Louisiana, was charged with battery and assault. He was booked into the Orange County Jail, posted bail and released. It's unclear whether he has retained an attorney.
Swamp People is a History channel show that follows Cajuns who hunt alligators.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified