|Published:||Jun 22, 2012 6:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 22, 2012 6:49 PM EDT|
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - One of the stars of the TV show "Swamp People" has been arrested in Florida on domestic violence charges.
Noces Joseph LaFont Jr. - who is known as "Trapper Joe" on TV - was arrested Wednesday by Orange County Sheriff's deputies.
According to an arrest affidavit, LaFont was arguing with his girlfriend while staying at a hotel near Disney World and tried to burn her with a lit cigarette. The report also says he punched the woman with a closed fist.
LaFont, who is from Louisiana, was charged with battery and assault. He was booked into the Orange County Jail, posted bail and released. It's unclear whether he has retained an attorney.
Swamp People is a History channel show that follows Cajuns who hunt alligators.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home