|Published:||Jun 22, 2012 5:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 22, 2012 10:28 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police confirm that the suspect in this morning's Michigan Ave. home invasion and grand theft auto has been taken into custody. The suspect is accused of breaking into a woman's home, stabbing her and taking off in her vehicle.
The victim is in surgery.
FMPD closed several streets while searching for the suspect, who was captured around 1:00 p.m. at the Jones Walker Apartments.
The vehicle in question was a 2001 Toyota.
Neighbors additionally say the suspect attempted to abduct a child, but that the child got away, running to the nearby park for help. Police will not confirm this information.
WINK News did see police escort a young person under blanket to an ambulance at approximately 11:00 a.m.
Trust WINK News to bring you more information as it becomes available.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand