|Published:||Jun 22, 2012 5:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 22, 2012 10:28 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police confirm that the suspect in this morning's Michigan Ave. home invasion and grand theft auto has been taken into custody. The suspect is accused of breaking into a woman's home, stabbing her and taking off in her vehicle.
The victim is in surgery.
FMPD closed several streets while searching for the suspect, who was captured around 1:00 p.m. at the Jones Walker Apartments.
The vehicle in question was a 2001 Toyota.
Neighbors additionally say the suspect attempted to abduct a child, but that the child got away, running to the nearby park for help. Police will not confirm this information.
WINK News did see police escort a young person under blanket to an ambulance at approximately 11:00 a.m.
Trust WINK News to bring you more information as it becomes available.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent