|Published:||Jun 22, 2012 4:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 22, 2012 10:48 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The death of 28-year-old Shirley Zerna has been ruled a homicide by the Medical Examiner’s Office. Police have been actively working the investigation since Monday and no further information is available at this time.
ORIGINAL REPORT: On Monday, the FMPD responded to 5249 Red Cedar Drive #7 in reference to a person who was found deceased inside the apartment. As standard procedure detectives responded to the apartment. Evidence located in the apartment along with information from Zerna’s friends led investigators to believe her death was possibly the result of an overdose after a night of partying. The Medical Examiner was called to assist in determining the cause of death. Police are still waiting on that report.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire ruled suspicious
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite