|Published:||Jun 21, 2012 3:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 21, 2012 3:40 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Funeral arrangements have been made for a Florida Highway Patrol trooper slain in Haiti.
Trooper Jean Barthelus was shot and killed June 8 in Haiti's capital, Port-au-Prince, where he was visiting his ailing wife. Officials say two men who flagged down Barthelus on the road opened fire on his vehicle.
Barthelus, 47, was an eight-year veteran of the highway patrol.
FHP tells the Sun Sentinel (http://sunsent.nl/Ledzrt ) that a visitation for Barthelus will be held Friday evening at Memorial Plan San Jose Funeral Home in Hialeah. A funeral service is planned Saturday morning at 93rd Street Community Baptist Church in Miami.
Information from: South Florida Sun Sentinel, http://www.sun sentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope