|Published:||Jun 21, 2012 3:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 21, 2012 3:40 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Funeral arrangements have been made for a Florida Highway Patrol trooper slain in Haiti.
Trooper Jean Barthelus was shot and killed June 8 in Haiti's capital, Port-au-Prince, where he was visiting his ailing wife. Officials say two men who flagged down Barthelus on the road opened fire on his vehicle.
Barthelus, 47, was an eight-year veteran of the highway patrol.
FHP tells the Sun Sentinel (http://sunsent.nl/Ledzrt ) that a visitation for Barthelus will be held Friday evening at Memorial Plan San Jose Funeral Home in Hialeah. A funeral service is planned Saturday morning at 93rd Street Community Baptist Church in Miami.
Information from: South Florida Sun Sentinel, http://www.sun sentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.