|Published:||Jun 15, 2012 12:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 15, 2012 3:00 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The drivers of Grasscar hit the track this weekend for their monthly lawnmower races. This is anything but your typical afternoon on a riding mower. Members of this local lawnmower racing organization get together at the track they call Mow-A-Daga to race once a month or so.
The racing machine is your standard riding lawnmower, reconfigured for racing. The mowers range in class and speed, anywhere from around 15 miles per hour up to about 40 miles per hour.
They race on the dirt track just behind Victory Christian Center at 11431 Palm Beach Blvd. in Fort Myers.
The next race is Sunday, June 17 at 1:30.
If you want to find out more about future races or how you can get invovled in lawnmower racing, check out the club's website at grasscar.us.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record