|Published:||Jun 15, 2012 12:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 15, 2012 3:00 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The drivers of Grasscar hit the track this weekend for their monthly lawnmower races. This is anything but your typical afternoon on a riding mower. Members of this local lawnmower racing organization get together at the track they call Mow-A-Daga to race once a month or so.
The racing machine is your standard riding lawnmower, reconfigured for racing. The mowers range in class and speed, anywhere from around 15 miles per hour up to about 40 miles per hour.
They race on the dirt track just behind Victory Christian Center at 11431 Palm Beach Blvd. in Fort Myers.
The next race is Sunday, June 17 at 1:30.
If you want to find out more about future races or how you can get invovled in lawnmower racing, check out the club's website at grasscar.us.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron