|Published:||Jun 15, 2012 12:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 15, 2012 3:00 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The drivers of Grasscar hit the track this weekend for their monthly lawnmower races. This is anything but your typical afternoon on a riding mower. Members of this local lawnmower racing organization get together at the track they call Mow-A-Daga to race once a month or so.
The racing machine is your standard riding lawnmower, reconfigured for racing. The mowers range in class and speed, anywhere from around 15 miles per hour up to about 40 miles per hour.
They race on the dirt track just behind Victory Christian Center at 11431 Palm Beach Blvd. in Fort Myers.
The next race is Sunday, June 17 at 1:30.
If you want to find out more about future races or how you can get invovled in lawnmower racing, check out the club's website at grasscar.us.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static