|Published:||Jun 14, 2012 5:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 14, 2012 11:30 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- A registered sex offender is under arrest for allegedly robbing, sexually assaulting, and kidnapping a Naples massage parlor employee.
Naples Police say 30-year old Raymond Izquierdo plotted out the brutal attack at Asian Massage, located on U.S. 41 near downtown.
Surveillance cameras snapped Izquierdo busting into the business around 2:30 Monday afternoon, waving a loaded semi-automatic assault rifle.
"He pointed at the victim, ordered the victim into a side room where he robbed the victim of her money," Lt. John Barkley of the Naples Police Department said Thursday.
Police say the heinous crime only got worse. They say Izquierdo then ordered the employee into a back room and told her to disrobe. Detectives say he then sexually assaulted her. The suspect was wearing a mask during the robbery. Police say Izquierdo's face was exposed as he tried to kiss the woman.
"He told her, 'Now that you saw my face, I have to kill you'. She said, 'I don't want to see your face', and she helped him put his mask back on," NPD Detective Robert Young said Thursday.
One other employee and a client were in an adjacent room during the attack. They heard the woman scream, so they locked their door and called 911.
Detectives say Izquierdo got uneasy and forced the woman into his car, completely naked. Police say he then drove her around downtown Naples and eventually dumped her off near the south end of Cambier Park.
She was wearing only two shirts Izquierdo allegedly handed her. The woman ran to a nearby realtor's office on 5th Avenue South and called for help.
Police quickly identified Izquierdo as their prime suspect after his mug shot on Florida's Sex Offender Database matched surveillance footage. He was arrested Wednesday morning at his East Naples home.
Izquierdo is charged with robbery, aggravated assault, sexual assault, and kidnapping. He's being held at the Naples Jail.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect