|Published:||Jun 11, 2012 4:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2012 5:52 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- An elderly woman who drowned last week in a Bonita Springs canal has been identified as 91-year-old Blanche Mazzucco.
Authorities say Friday she hit her head when she fell into the canal behind her home, on the 7700 block of Harbor Drive, and drown.
Neighbors say Mazzucco liked to walk along the seawall on Harbor Drive each afternoon. They suspect she lost her balance and went into the water.
Mazzucco would have turned 92 in a few weeks.
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Woman dies after driving into pond