|Published:||Jun 11, 2012 4:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2012 5:52 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- An elderly woman who drowned last week in a Bonita Springs canal has been identified as 91-year-old Blanche Mazzucco.
Authorities say Friday she hit her head when she fell into the canal behind her home, on the 7700 block of Harbor Drive, and drown.
Neighbors say Mazzucco liked to walk along the seawall on Harbor Drive each afternoon. They suspect she lost her balance and went into the water.
Mazzucco would have turned 92 in a few weeks.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane