|Published:||Jun 08, 2012 3:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 08, 2012 3:10 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say two teens were trying to reload a spear gun when it fired, striking a 16-year-old in the forehead.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/L8dlyd ) reports the boy was conscious Thursday afternoon when he was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Miami-Dade police say the teen and his 15-year-old friend were hanging out at a lake when the gun fired.
Police say the incident appears to be an accident.
There was no further word on the teen's condition.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island