|Published:||Jun 08, 2012 3:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 08, 2012 3:10 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say two teens were trying to reload a spear gun when it fired, striking a 16-year-old in the forehead.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/L8dlyd ) reports the boy was conscious Thursday afternoon when he was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Miami-Dade police say the teen and his 15-year-old friend were hanging out at a lake when the gun fired.
Police say the incident appears to be an accident.
There was no further word on the teen's condition.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples