|Published:||Jun 08, 2012 3:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 08, 2012 3:10 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say two teens were trying to reload a spear gun when it fired, striking a 16-year-old in the forehead.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/L8dlyd ) reports the boy was conscious Thursday afternoon when he was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Miami-Dade police say the teen and his 15-year-old friend were hanging out at a lake when the gun fired.
Police say the incident appears to be an accident.
There was no further word on the teen's condition.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community