|Published:||Jun 06, 2012 2:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 06, 2012 6:05 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A sustainable garden and farm is growing fresh vegetables in Southwest Florida.
The Heritage Roots Urban Food Hub on MLK Boulevard in Fort Myers features five acres of seasonal vegetables grown using bio solids and recycled water.
The master farmers at the farm pick everything by hand without any harmful chemicals.
On Wednesday, June 6th from 4:00-9:00 p.m., people have the chance to taste some of the locally grown ingredients in downtown Fort Myers.
Chefs at the Twisted Vine Bistro have created a special menu, offering customers truly farm-fresh cuisine.
The Twisted Vine Bistro is on Bay Street in downtown Fort Myers.
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia