|Published:||May 28, 2012 1:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2012 3:31 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Runners in Fort Myers opted for an early wake-up to start the holiday morning. The annual Run on the Green 5K raced around Eastwood Golf Course just after sunrise.
The traditional run, put on by the Fort Myers Track Club, gives runners a one-of-a-kind run through the "Back 9" of the golf course, wrapping up by the clubhouse.
This is one of 27 races organized by the FMTC each year and each races supports a different charity or organization. Run on the Green benefits the Fort Myers Recreation Division.
Gabriel Barron of LaBelle was the overall winner for the men and Chelsea Manning of Fort Myers won for the women's division.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed