|Published:||May 07, 2012 12:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2012 3:39 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Rhythm in Motion dance studio is holding a dancing showcase to benefit a dancing program offered in some Lee County schools. The Dancing Classrooms program is administered by the Foundation for Lee County Public Schools, Inc. More than 500 fifth graders at seven different Title I schools participated in the program this spring.
Dancing classrooms is a national program, started in 1994, that helps students gain self-esteem and respect for others through dance. The kids spend 10-weeks learning various dances and are able to perform for the community during exhibitions. The program culmintates with the Colors of the Rainbow Team Match.
On Saturday, May 12, at 5:00 pm, Rhythm in Motion will host "Travel in Time" at Heron's Glen Country Club. It is located at 2250 Avenida Del Vera, North Fort Myers, 33917.
Tickets for the event ar $55 and that includes dinner, dancing, a silent auction, and a performance. The proceeds from the event will benefit the Dancing Classrooms program.
For more information, call 239-542-3500.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.