|Published:||Apr 24, 2012 1:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 24, 2012 1:35 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Edison & Ford Winter Estates are offering a new way to see the historic homes and land around them. This summer, you can take in the view from the water.
The estates is partnering with Captiva Cruises and the Royal Palm Yacht Club to offer short river cruises on the Caloosahatchee. The new package program includes a 45-minute boat ride with a river historian, lunch at the Royal Palm, and tours of the estates, lab, and museum.
The boat tours are available every Wednesday and Thursday throughout the summer. Cruises depart at 11 am, 2 pm, 3 pm, and 4 pm. Lunch is available from 11 am-2 pm.
The package deal is $45 for non-members and $30 for members. Kids under 12 are $30 and $25 respectively. For more information on the cruises and the estates, go to http://www.edisonfordwinterestates.org.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash