|Published:||Mar 23, 2012 4:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 23, 2012 3:30 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A player with the Tampa Bay Rays is arrested for a serious hit and run crash in Charlotte County.
The Florida Highway Patrol tells WINK News, pitcher Matthew Bush hit the back of a motorcycle, throwing a 72-year-old off the bike.
Troopers say Bush left the scene but they tracked him down a short time later.
The accident happened just after 5 p.m. on Thursday afternoon at the intersection of Murdock Circle and US 41.
Bush faces charges of DUI, driving with a suspended license and leaving the scene of a crash.
- Rep. Trey Radel leaves Naples rehabilitation center
- Cape murder/attempted suicide suspect released from hospital
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Car crashes into it Cape Coral home
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- United Airlines begins non-stop service from RSW to Denver
- Investigators say mom is to blame for son's drowning death