|Published:||Mar 20, 2012 10:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2012 10:33 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Robert Cope was sentenced to 15 years in prison Monday for the 2009 killing of a North Fort Myers resident, according to the State Attorney's Office.
The victim's head had been cut off.
Cope plead no contest to Manslaughter on a Disabled/Elderly Person.
The defendant had several mental health issues, but was ultimately found competent enough to plea.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school