|Published:||Mar 20, 2012 10:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2012 10:33 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Robert Cope was sentenced to 15 years in prison Monday for the 2009 killing of a North Fort Myers resident, according to the State Attorney's Office.
The victim's head had been cut off.
Cope plead no contest to Manslaughter on a Disabled/Elderly Person.
The defendant had several mental health issues, but was ultimately found competent enough to plea.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent