|Published:||Mar 19, 2012 11:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 19, 2012 11:17 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A group of Princeton University students is spending spring break learning about the foreclosure crisis by touring hard hit Cape Coral neighborhoods.
The university sponsors trips for students to study the issues facing communities across the nation. This group set its sights on Florida and foreclosures and reached out to Marc Joseph who runs his unique foreclosure tour bus.
Joseph says he was so impressed that he decided to take them on a tour.
"They're not running down to the Lani Kai and laying out on the beach!" he said.
It's not your typical group of "spring-breakers" here to visit Florida for a good time, instead: "We wanted to learn about foreclosures," said Princeton junior Tom Ledford. He is joining his peers for a very serious lesson in the neighborhoods of Cape Coral.
Realtor Marc Joseph is not here to sell, but instead to teach.
"These are our real estate leaders, bankers attorneys, if you can take them out now, and show them what's happened here, there is a possibility I should say that maybe, one out of the 11 or 12 people riding may make a difference in our future," said Joseph.
Students tell WINK News this rolling tour will have a lasting impact and it's something they can pass on.
"I, too, will be a homeowner one day. I think there are important life lessons to learn its important to share these types of lessons with my family back home my friends at Princeton," said junior Greer Hanshaw.
The students aren't just here to learn, they're also going to help out the community.
They'll be volunteering their time at a Lehigh Acres food pantry Tusday. After that, they'll be heading to Miami to learn more on this same subject.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash