|Published:||Mar 18, 2012 12:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2012 2:46 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The FGCU women's basketball team is in Tallahassee, preparing for its first ever NCAA Division I tournament game. So far the Eagles have been soaking up the atmosphere that comes with March Madness. They've been in town since Friday, anxious to get this experience started.
This afternoon they checked in at the Tucker Center, got their first look inside, and got to practice on the floor where they will take on St. Bonaventure in the first round game Sunday. From the big arena, to the national television exposure, to all the other bells and whistles that come along, the women are taking it all in stride.
FGCU has been the top dog all season long, roaring through the Atlantic Sun undefeated and winning the conference tournament. But making it to this point has been the ultimate goal all along, and for the seniors, it truly is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
The team will have breakfast at the hotel and a shoot around Sunday morning. Then the buses carry them to the arena with one thing left on the itinerary: at 2:30 they plan to "Beat St. Bonaventure."
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Woman dies after driving into pond