|Published:||Mar 18, 2012 12:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2012 2:46 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The FGCU women's basketball team is in Tallahassee, preparing for its first ever NCAA Division I tournament game. So far the Eagles have been soaking up the atmosphere that comes with March Madness. They've been in town since Friday, anxious to get this experience started.
This afternoon they checked in at the Tucker Center, got their first look inside, and got to practice on the floor where they will take on St. Bonaventure in the first round game Sunday. From the big arena, to the national television exposure, to all the other bells and whistles that come along, the women are taking it all in stride.
FGCU has been the top dog all season long, roaring through the Atlantic Sun undefeated and winning the conference tournament. But making it to this point has been the ultimate goal all along, and for the seniors, it truly is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
The team will have breakfast at the hotel and a shoot around Sunday morning. Then the buses carry them to the arena with one thing left on the itinerary: at 2:30 they plan to "Beat St. Bonaventure."
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage