|Published:||Mar 18, 2012 12:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2012 2:46 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The FGCU women's basketball team is in Tallahassee, preparing for its first ever NCAA Division I tournament game. So far the Eagles have been soaking up the atmosphere that comes with March Madness. They've been in town since Friday, anxious to get this experience started.
This afternoon they checked in at the Tucker Center, got their first look inside, and got to practice on the floor where they will take on St. Bonaventure in the first round game Sunday. From the big arena, to the national television exposure, to all the other bells and whistles that come along, the women are taking it all in stride.
FGCU has been the top dog all season long, roaring through the Atlantic Sun undefeated and winning the conference tournament. But making it to this point has been the ultimate goal all along, and for the seniors, it truly is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
The team will have breakfast at the hotel and a shoot around Sunday morning. Then the buses carry them to the arena with one thing left on the itinerary: at 2:30 they plan to "Beat St. Bonaventure."
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'