|Published:||Feb 29, 2012 10:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 01, 2012 5:22 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A bicyclist was hit by a Collier County work truck with a trailer at the intersection of Vanderbilt Beach Rd. and U.S. 41 on Wednesday afternoon.
The victim was airlifted to Lee Memorial for treatment. She was breathing when she was put in the helicopter, but her condition is unknown
Florida Highway Patrol said both the bicyclist and truck were headed east on Vanderbilt Beach Road at U.S. 41. Troopers say it appears the bicyclist may have fallen and was then run over by the truck and trailor. The fire department had to use a lift to remove the trailor off of the victim.
The investigation continues.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer