|Published:||Feb 28, 2012 2:36 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 28, 2012 6:33 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The pictures and video speak for themselves. The blurry videos which have now gone viral show a 40-year-old man using his jacked up van to crush a 16-year-old girl's car.
You can hear what appears to be revelers at the Redneck Yacht Club in the background egging on Norman Nowling as he flattened Amanda Kent's 1994 Toyota. According to reports, Kent had left her car at the stage area of the club and gone mudding with some friends in another vehicle. When she returned she found her car had been completely flattened.
Neither Nowling nor or Kent wanted to talk on camera; but on the Yacht Club's Facebook page, Nowling sent Kent apology. Paul King with the Redneck Yacht Club says Nowling, who is known in the local mudding circuits, is no longer welcome at the park.
“It's caused quite a stir and its so atypical of what happens in this park, were just slack-jawed over it,” said King. "The incident has spurred the park to re-analyze its security procedures and consider new ideas We may eventually some time soon have a place in the park with old beater cars that these guys can roll over in their big trucks.”
Nowling was arrested by the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office and charged with felony criminal mischief.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest