CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A Charlotte County Sheriff's deputy arrested a Fort Myers man at the Redneck Yacht Club early Saturday morning for driving over a small car several times.
CCSO received a call at a 5:05 a.m. to 44570 Bermont Road in Eastern Charlotte County. A 16-year-old juvenile girl, who was there with her 37-year-old stepfather, told the deputy she left her 1994 Toyota Corolla in a field near the concert stage and went “mudding” with friends. She said while at the mud pit, someone said a vehicle got run over. She went back and realized it was her car that was crushed and contacted security.
The deputy met with a Suncoast Security guard who said around 3 a.m. he saw several individuals run towards a vehicle parked in the field. He said a large crowd gathered and spectators were urging two large trucks to run over the car. The crowd also shouted “the owner doesn’t care, you can do it.” The trucks attempted to run over the hood but couldn’t and then left. Security then said a large white camouflaged van with five-foot wheels showed up and the crowd again said it was okay to drive over the car. The van put the front tire on the front of the car, smashing the hood, backed off, went to the other side and put his other tire on the hood, smashing it and went to the center, driving over the entire car. The van driver drove over the car several times.
Another witness told the deputy he saw the entire event. He also said the driver of the van was about 40 with “spiky” hair and wore a white tee shirt. He led the deputy to a campsite and identified the driver. The deputy talked to the driver identified as Norman Lee Nowling, 40, of 15341 Will Lew Lane in Fort Myers. Nowling refused to make any statements, was handcuffed and taken to the Charlotte County Jail for felony Criminal Mischief. He posted a $2,500 bond and released.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- FMPD on the scene at Bernwood Cove Apartments
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man