|Published:||Feb 23, 2012 1:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 23, 2012 1:00 PM EST|
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a 32-year-old man has been arrested for the 40th time.
Deputies arrested Stephen A. Brewster Tuesday after someone saw him breaking into a car. The person followed him and called authorities.
The Sarasota Herald Tribune reports Brewster's criminal record includes arrests for burglary, forgery and use of stolen credit cards.
Brewster was denied bail on nine counts of violation of probation. He remained in the Sarasota County Jail Thursday morning.
Jail records did not list an attorney for Brewster, who is unemployed.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay