|Published:||Feb 22, 2012 5:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 23, 2012 12:09 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Florida judge has declared the custody battle over Mindy McCready's son will be staying in Florida.
But 5-year-old Zander will remain in Arkansas.
Zander's father Billy McKnight calls this a victory, saying he's not the one that broke the law.
Country singer Mindy McCready took her 5-year-old son to Arkansas against a Florida court order back in November. Wednesday, Arkansas officials fought to keep the case there saying they can do a better job than Florida. McKnight's lawyers said that's not fair to the father, who has been following the rules. Now, the Florida judge says he's writing an order to the Arkansas judge to hand the case over. But that judge may not listen.
For the time being, Zander will stay in Arkansas and they'll work out details from there. The goal is for both parents to eventually be able to co-parent Zander.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo