|Published:||Feb 22, 2012 5:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 23, 2012 12:09 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Florida judge has declared the custody battle over Mindy McCready's son will be staying in Florida.
But 5-year-old Zander will remain in Arkansas.
Zander's father Billy McKnight calls this a victory, saying he's not the one that broke the law.
Country singer Mindy McCready took her 5-year-old son to Arkansas against a Florida court order back in November. Wednesday, Arkansas officials fought to keep the case there saying they can do a better job than Florida. McKnight's lawyers said that's not fair to the father, who has been following the rules. Now, the Florida judge says he's writing an order to the Arkansas judge to hand the case over. But that judge may not listen.
For the time being, Zander will stay in Arkansas and they'll work out details from there. The goal is for both parents to eventually be able to co-parent Zander.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday