|Published:||Feb 22, 2012 4:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 23, 2012 4:24 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- UPDATE: Eva Daghra has died from her injuries. The police investigation remains active at this time.
ORIGINAL REPORT: A crash Wednesday morning left a toddler injured and closed down Fowler for a short period of time.
On Wednesday, at 7:49 a.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a traffic crash near the intersection of Fowler and Market Streets. The driver of a Cadillac rear-ended a Lincoln. A 2-year-old, Eva Daghra from Cape Coral was in the Cadillac and was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital trauma alert.
Police learned the toddler was sitting in a car seat in the front passenger side of the Cadillac. The car seat was not anchored to the car and the toddler was not harnessed in the seat. The airbag also deployed.
No one else was injured in the crash.
The driver of the Cadillac has been identified as Monique Daghra, 31, of Cape Coral.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time.
The Fort Myers Police Department would like to remind parents of the importance of properly using child safety seats. For more information on child safety seat events and inspection stations you can visit www.safekids.org. In addition, the Fort Myers Police Department has two certified child safety seat technicians who can educate parents on the proper use and installation of car seats. For more information or an appointment call the FMPD main number 239-321-7700.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday